Wednesday, March 7, 2007

cambo memo: go fly a kite







…and so I did as the wise man said. I spent most of the weekend working on the KAP unit, including a test flight of the kite. Perhaps picking a fairly windy day wasn’t the best idea, as it was way too simple of a challenge because the kite just caught wind and took off to nearly 100’ in a matter of seconds. Not exactly an accurate simulation of typical Cambodian weather out at the dam site. But, I did make note of a few things, especially in kite behavior, that would be key in improving the jig that I already had started.










Sunday was yet another long 4 hour meeting with the crew. Prep work on the upcoming weekly conference call to Human Translation on construction and design issues. Ryan and Bryse to finish off 100% drawings, Tim to work out surveying needs, Matt to look into site access, and I to finish off on QA/QC and spec requirements.

No comments: